Doug Robinson is a 1991 graduate of the University of Georgia School of Law cum laude. He is a principle in the Atlanta-based law firm, Evans, Warncke and Robinson, LLC, with a nationwide practice focusing on representing professionals, employees, small business owners, and beneficiaries in their benefit claims under disability, life, and accidental death insurance policies, including both individual coverage and group benefit plans governed by ERISA.
Doug’s professional leadership includes serving as Chair of the Employee Benefits Law section of the State Bar of Georgia and simultaneously serving as a Vice-Chair of the American Bar Association’s Life, Health, and Disability Insurance Law Committee. Doug has an “AV Preeminent” rating among his peers as published in Martindale.com and Lawyers.com.
Prior to law school, Doug obtained his bachelor’s degree in economics from Clemson University in 1988, with honors, where he was a member of the Calhoun College honor society and was an Edgar A. Brown merit scholar.
Doug has over 30 years of litigation experience, including litigation in all federal districts in Georgia and in other states. He has tried numerous cases in state and federal courts and has successfully argued multiple appellate decisions. He is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts located in Georgia, including the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit. In 2004, Doug began dedicating a greater portion of his law practice to representing policyholders and employees in their pursuit of beneﬁt claims against insurance carriers under disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment policies and employee beneﬁt plans. Since that time, he has developed a detailed understanding of the federal ERISA statutes, regulations and procedures that apply to these claims. Doug has spoken to other lawyers in continuing legal education seminars regarding disability insurance law and tactics for successfully prosecuting these claims. His diverse jury trial experience continues to assist him in representing policyholders in claims under private disability and life insurance claims that allow for jury trials and recovery of bad faith damages in addition to beneﬁts.
In addition to insurance beneﬁt litigation, Doug continues to handle a select number of cases involving individuals who have been seriously injured or disabled due to the negligence or reckless acts of others, wrongful death cases.
Here is a sample of what other attorneys have written about Mr. Robinson in the most respected attorney peer review rating organizations, Martindale.com and AVVO.com:
- “Doug is a very bright and hard working attorney. We met when we were working on a case on opposing sides, and he earned my respect. I refer disability matters to him on behalf of claimants regularly, and will continue to do so. Great guy, great lawyer.”
- “Excellent litigator and legal analyst in the area of short and long term disability policies.”
- “I referred another attorney to Mr. Robinson to help the attorney’s client with an ERISA issue. The other attorney said Mr. Robinson did outstanding work. I get kudos from clients whom I refer to Mr. Robinson for ERISA work as well.”
- “Doug is a formidable opponent. He both competently and zealously represents his clients, but he does so with courtesy and professionalism.”
- “I have known Doug for over 20 years, and I have a lot of respect for his legal acumen and litigation skills. He is a fabulous lawyer, and I have recommended him a number of times to people for their legal needs. He is responsive to his clients, and he handles each case with diligence and care.”
- “Doug is an outstanding lawyer. I send any person with inquiries about insurance or benefits issues to Doug and he takes great care of them.”